Friday 5 September 2008

May Maasame - A classic by SreeevalsanJ Menon (Cover)


I am inspired by the audio blogs of Jo , Pradeep and Murali. It is interesting to see how professionally they maintain their blogs. This is my first attempt to record my voice. At the moment, I have a very limited resource and this trial is done with a normal mike which came as an attachment to my head phones, a normal Toshiba lap top with Intel core 2 duo processor, 4GB of RAM and controlled by Fedora and I use an elementary recording software called Audacity. I am grateful to Murali and Jo, for their tutorials on creating an Audio blog. I have a plan to get one dynamic mike and an external USB sound card with a MIDI interface so that I can plug in my keyboards as well.

Sreevalasan J menon is one among the most impressive new face in the Malayalam film music industry, we have seen in the last couple of years. He is a trained and well established carnatic vocalist. I had an opportunity to listen to one of his concert with Nayyattinkara Vasudevan, when I was a kid. All songs in ‘My mother’s laptop’ are excellent and the quality of orchestration is amazing especially as it is done by a classical musician like Sreevalsan. I attempt the song May maasame. You can feel the soothing fragrance of Abhogi through out (in the original version :)). There are some classics in Abhogi from raveendran master like ‘Maamankam pala kuri kondadi’ and ‘Aaalila manchalil neeyadumpol’ etc, but this song is exceptionally marvellous because it doesn’t remind you or restrict you to any common characteristics of the Raaga. Rafeeq Ahmed’s lyrics adds the rest of it.



May maasame at Muziboo.com

1 comment:

Kiranz..!! said...

Yea..the item not found..:(